FH-Prof. Dr. Ann-Christine Schulz
Dr. Ann-Christine Schulz is Deputy Head of the Competence Center for Strategy and Competitiveness, which is part of the Research Cluster SMEs and Family Business at the University of Applied Sciences for Management and Communication, as well as Cluster Research Coordinator. Before joining FH Wien, Ann-Christine was Assistant Professor of Corporate Strategy at Freie University Berlin and a Visiting Scholar at UC Irvine for several times.
Dr. Schulz‘ research interests are in the areas of organization theory, corporate restructuring, corporate governance, and behavioral strategy. Her research has been published in international peer-reviewed management journals including the Strategic Management Journal, Journal of Management Studies and Scandinavian Journal of Management, and has been quoted by the Financial Times. In 2010, she received the Journal of Management Studies Best Paper Award.
Articles in Refereed Journals
Coverage in Business Press
- Schulz, A.-C. & Flickinger, M. (2018). Does (over-)compensation influence corporate reputation? Review of Management Science, DOI: 10.1007/s11846-018-0305-0
- Schulz, A.-C. & Wiersema, M. F. (2018). The impact of earnings expectations on corporate downsizing. Strategic Management Journal, 39: 2691-2702.
- Schulz, A.-C. & Johann, S. (2018). Downsizing and the fragility of corporate reputation: An analysis of the impact of contextual factors. Scandinavian Journal of Management, 34: 40-50.
- Schulz, A.-C. Nicolai, A. T.. (2015). The intellectual link between management research and popularization media: A bibliometic analysis of the Harvard Business Review. Academy of Management Learning and Education, 14: 31-49.
- Nicolai, A. T., Schulz, A.-C. & Göbel, M. (2011). Between sweet harmony and a clash of cultures: Does a joint academic-practitioner review reconcile rigor and relevance? Journal of Applied Behavioral Science, 47(1): 53-57.
- Nicolai, A. T., Schulz, A.-C. & Thomas, T. W. (2010). What Wall Street wants - Exploring the role of security analysts in the evolution and spread of management concepts. Journal of Management Studies, 47(1): 162-189.
Journal of Management Studies Best Paper Award 2010
- Schulz, A.-C., Nicolai, A. T. & Göbel, M. (2010). Does a joint academic-practitioner review process reconcile rigor and relevance? Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings, Montreal.
Coverage in Business Press
- „Beware of Fad-loving Analysts“, The Financial Times, 18th August 2008 (by Stefan Stern).
- Die Rolle der Finanzanalysten bei der Verbreitung von Managementkonzepten, 2011, Gabler: Wiesbaden
- Busch, A., Schulz, A.-C. & Scholz, M. (2019): ‘Study: Advisory Boards in Austrian Medium-Sized Companies’, pp 1-26.
- Busch, A.M., Schulz, A.-C. & Scholz, M. (2019): ‘Beiräte als Chance für Klein- und Mittelunternehmen in Österreich’, Aufsichtsrat aktuell, Ausgabe 1/2019, pp. 20-22.